Tastebook- Karina's Kitchen Recipe Collection

Karina's Kitchen- Gluten-Free Recipes Tastebook


I am excited- and pleased- to announce that I have just produced three Tastebook cookbooks:


Karina's Kitchen - 100 favorite recipes from my kitchen to yours

Karina's Vegetarian Table - A collection of vegetarian favorites from Karina's Kitchen

Karina's Vegan Table - A collection of vegan favorites from Karina's Kitchen


What is Tastebook?

As soon as I heard about Tastebook I was intrigued. iTunes for recipes? Count me in. For those of you new to Tastebook here's the scoop. Tastebook is an on-line publishing platform that lets you create beautiful, hardcover cookbooks (perfect for food bloggers and handy for cooks who find their culinary inspiration online).

With the holidays fast approaching- and with it the gift-giving season- I decided to create a recipe collection for gluten-free families, entitled Karina's Kitchen- for every family who cooks gluten-free, by necessity or by love.

For my omnivorous readers- I've chosen 100 recipes for the Karina's Kitchen Tastebook- my personal favorites- and the most popular recipes here on Karina's Kitchen. From Flourless Chocolate Cake to Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies, from Kicked Up Mac & Cheese (and the dairy-free vegan version, too) to my Sweet Potato Rancher's Pie there are recipes in all categories including appetizers, soups, salads, chicken and beef dishes, seafood, brunch and muffins, cakes, cookies and brownies. I also include specific tips for substituting problematic ingredients- such as eggs and dairy. Almost all recipes featuring chicken or beef include a vegetarian option.

For my vegetarian readers Karina's Vegetarian Table features over 85 personal favorites- all ovo-lacto vegetarian recipes.

For vegans I have collected 50 vegan recipes from Kitchen Kitchen- some of the most popular recipes on the blog- and every one is- you guessed it- a gluten-free vegan favorite. Check out Karina's Vegan Table here.

In order to add or subtract recipes and edit a Tastebook you'll need to join Tastebook (it's free). You can then import my recipes into your Tastebook (search with the term "gluten-free" and mine will come up); this allows you the ability to mix and match with thousands of other recipes on Tastebook, and import your own personal favorites. Like iTunes. For recipes.

I love the dynamic nature of this project. It's a living cookbook that can be added to and updated, reflecting the spirit of my blog and its interactive nature.

Here is the cookbook's dedication:

This gluten-free recipe book is dedicated to the kind and generous readers of Karina's Kitchen blog- Recipes from a gluten-free goddess. Without your lively feedback and support I would be just another cook wrestling with xanthan gum in her humble kitchen.

So that's what I've been up to, behind the scenes. I hope you enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment