Raw Cashew Hummus

Raw cashew hummus is creamy, vegan and delicious
Eat it raw baby. Crisp fresh veggies and cashew hummus are tasty.

I've been eating hummus all week. Help. I can't stop. It all started when I whipped up a big batch of my tried and true favorite, a classic chick pea hummus recipe with tahini and lemon (though in full disclosure, I used lime juice instead of lemon). I munched it as a snack, with retro carrot sticks as I caught up on the latest episodes of Mad Men. [Serial television that just keeps getting better and better, does it not? A show with originality, surprises and rare insights into sexual politics, power, marriage and parenting.] I nestled dollops of the stuff on warm and comforting bowls of brown rice and stir-fried vegetables (recovering from said insights).

I ate and I ate.

And then there was no more. I was hummus-less. Without hummus. Bereft. An empty fragile goddess sans my favorite vegan protein complement. So I began to scheme. I pined for the opportunity to blog another hummus recipe, but I'd already shared not only my classic style hummus, but my irreverent upstart hummus with jalapenos, lime and peanut butter (which apparently, on some vegetarian forum raised an anti-goddess ruckus). Not to mention, my roasted red pepper hummus, perfect for Party On mode.

So my thoughts did a shuffle play through new and cool possibilities. And I remembered my raw cashew cream recipe. Why not make it thicker? Why not make it hummus?


Continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment