Fresh Grape and Champagne Sorbet
The sorbet base takes only 15 minutes to assemble, but packs big flavor, thanks to a double hit of grapes. Add any leftover grape puree to a glass of sparkling water or to a quick pan sauce for chicken or duck breast.
Makes about 3 cups
• PREP: 15 minutes
• TOTAL: 5 hours (includes freezing time)
• 4 cups seedless red grapes
• 3/4 cup Champagne or sparkling wine
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup frozen Concord grape juice concentrate, thawed
• Few pinches of ground cinnamon
• Additional seedless red grapes (for garnish; optional)
• Puree 4 cups grapes in blender. Combine Champagne, sugar, juice concentrate, 1/4 cup water, and cinnamon in bowl; add 1 1/2 cups grape puree (reserve any remaining puree for another use). Stir until sugar dissolves.
• Process mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to container. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.
• Serve sorbet in Champagne coupes; garnish with additional grapes, if desired.
IF YOU MISSED~
See you soon,