Daffodil Cake Pops

 
It's Teacher Appreciation Week...and Mother's Day is Sunday.  (Just so you know.)  Are you baking something special?

These daffodil cake pops would certainly be a little ray of sunshine for either mom or teacher.

But, these cake pops....these are for Bakerella Bakerella was one if the very first food blogs I ever read.  And I've been smitten ever since.  In case you've been living under a rock, Bakerella is the QUEEN of the Cake Pops.  She even has a fabulous book.  Bakerella's trip to "The Lodge" was actually my first introduction to The Pioneer Woman.  I remember seeing those cows and thought...I need to know more about this PW person ;).

Angie (Bakerella) has been going though a rough time lately...and she's been on my mind so much.  I wanted to let her know that all of us in blogland are thinking of her.
 
So, I decided to make some cake pops for her...and since that's the kind of person I am...I ate them for her, too.

{I mean, cake pops are hard to ship and I'm pretty sure Angie doesn't want to give her address to someone who's been stalking her for 3 years.)


For the cake, I thought lemon would be spring-y.  I used a lemon cake mix, added the zest of 2 Meyer lemons to the mix, and used the juice of 2 Meyer lemons as part of the water called for on the box.

To make the pops, I stirred in the zest of another Meyer lemon and added a bit of Egg Yellow AmeriColor Food Coloring to the cream cheese icing.

Here they are...all dipped in orange candy melts and waiting to get flower-y. (I still don't quite have the hang of getting them perfectly smooth.)

The idea for the daffodil comes from Martha...she filled hers with jelly beans.
 
Just print out the template from Martha Stewart's site....
{and seriously...I think I need to cut down on the toolbars. Anyhow...}


....trace onto yellow paper,


...cut out and with an Xacto knife cut an X in the middle.


...fold a mini cupcake liner in half and hole punch.  (We only have a heart hole punch, I don't know why, so mine looks a little strange.)

Insert the pops into the liners/flowers.  That's it!  A bouquet of sugary goodness.


You can even put them in a little basket...I put the pops in a Styrofoam block and covered that with a bit of moss.   (I really should have thought of that for May Day.)


So, here's to you, Bakerella We're all rooting for you and hope & pray you are feeling better soon.

(***linking to TidyMom's I'm Lovin' It party...always lots of great ideas there...come over!***)

No comments:

Post a Comment