Who is YOUR Wonder Woman?

 
Who is your Wonder Woman?  Mom, wife, sister, aunt, cousin, daughter, friend?  I bet you have one.

I've always loved Wonder Woman and when I was younger, I dreamed of wearing a Wonder Woman outfit to a costume party.

{Now, at age 41, I don't see that happening....unless Wonder Woman starts donning capri pants and cardigans.}
 
And is it just me, or does that W look an awful lot like the Whataburger logo?  Maybe I *could* be Wonder Woman after all.  (And if you don't live in the south and don't know Whataburger, I'm sorry.  Really, really sorry.) 


The cookie shape itself was made from using 3 cutters I had onhand: bikini top, onesie and a circle for cutting.

First, I started with the bikini tops and the onesies.

The bikini top as is was a little "busty" for the onesie, so I performed a little reconstructive surgery.

Then, the top of the onesie was chopped off...

...and I made a cut out so that the top would fit.

I used the edge of a circle cutter to nip her in at the waist.  (If only life were so easy.)

And then, put the pieces together.

{Hint: I always freeze my cut-outs for 5-10 minutes before baking.}


For decorating, you'll need:



With a #2 tip, outline the shape in black.

{I originally started with a #3, because I wanted the outline to really show, but it was too thick.  If you make a mistake on a cookie, scrape it off and try again. :) Toothpicks are your friend.}

Thin the red, yellow and blue icings with water until it is the consistency of thick syrup.  Let sit for several minutes covered with a damp dish towel.  Uncover and stir gently with a silicone spatula to pop air bubbles that have risen to the surface.  Transfer to squeeze bottles.

Flood the cookie with the thinned icing.

Let sit at least one hour.

With a #2 tip, add the black detail.  Go over the "W" and the belt in black as well.

Let dry for several hours.  If you are a good planner, add the white star sprinkles you have onhand with a bit of royal icing.  If you are NOT a good planner, ahem,  pipe the stars with white royal icing.

OH!  I almost forgot!  I made the Invisible Jet, too!


And and you must (MUST!)....go take a peek at Gail's (of One Tough Cookie) superhero cookie CAKE!  Isn't that the coolest?!?

Who is YOUR Wonder Woman?

{Happy, happy Mother's Day to all of you moms (Wonder Women) out there!}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment