Storing Nuts for Winter (Spring, Summer or Fall) . . . Works for Me Wednesday

{Spicy Rosemary Roasted Nuts brought to you by Sylvie of Gourmande in the Kitchen...totally gorgeous, right?}

For years, I bought those little bags of nuts in the baking aisle of the grocery store, brought them home and tossed them in the pantry.  Then I read, that nuts can go bad (like rancid bad, not Lindsay Lohan bad).  I had no idea.

What works for me?  Storing them in the freezer.  

Now, I buy nuts in the grocery bulk section. When I come home from the store, it's second nature, I just pop them right in the freezer door.  They stay fresh until I need them.  No thawing; they're just ready to go.

It works for all nuts...almonds, pecans, hazelnuts...
{...and pistachios, like these from Amy of She Wears Many Hats, getting ready for They'll Make You Sing Muffins .}

Do you have a quick tip that works for you in the kitchen?

{Thank you to my pals, Sylvie & Amy for letting me borrow their pictures. I have no pretty pictures of nuts. Yes, that was as awkward for me to write as it was for you to read.} ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment